Health and Safety
Food Hygiene Training letter Food_Hygiene_Letter_2019.docx
Bonfire Advice Letter from the Environment Agency Bonfire_environmental_advice_letter_2017.pdf
Link to Health & Safety Executive Crowd Management guidance www.hse.gov.uk/event-safety/crowd-management.htm
Link to Health & Safety Executive guidance on Organising Fireworks Displays www.hse.gov.uk/explosives/fireworks/using.htm
Example risk assessment - food preparation February 2016 www.hse.gov.uk
Letter re: Food preparation safety - February 2016 \letter re food preparation jan 2016.doc
Aide Memoir to Health & Safety 2015
Letter re: Use of gas barbecues and catering vans that use gas fired equipment for cooking, May 2015
Letter re: Food Allergen Labelling and Safe Storage of Petrol, November 2014
Allergen information for Loose Foods, November 2014
Download copy: Road to Safety - reissued 2015
Download copy: Safer Food for Better Business - Food Standards Agency
Example Risk Assessments
Risk Assessment blank template with guidance notes
Link to the Health & Safety Executive and the 5 Steps to Safety: www.hse.gov.uk/risk/controlling-risks.htm
Safety Management System - 105SC
Aim: to raise the awareness of all Lions within District 105SC of the need for due diligence as regards Health and Safety at all times.
Statement of Intent: District 105SC adopts the Safety Policy of the Multiple District 105 as outlined in the MD Directory and adheres to the "Road to Safety" document.
1. All Clubs to be encouraged to appoint a Health and Safety Officer.
2. A clear statement of intent to be issued to all Clubs that each Lion activity organised within District 105SC requires an appropriate written Risk Assessment.
3. All Clubs to be requested to keep a record of all Risk Assessment and other relevant safety documents eg Insurance Certificate, Food Hygiene Certificates etc.
4. Clubs to be made aware that the District Health & Safety Officer is available to assist Clubs with Risk Assessments either via Club visits or electronically.
5. Clubs to be directed towards consulting the MD Health and Safety Policy in the MD Directory and to the "Road to Safety" document on the MD web site.
6. Zone Chairs to be encouraged to include Health and Safety as a standard agenda item at Zone meetings.
7. Each Club should maintain an Accident Book, BI 510, available from the Health and Safety Executive, is the recommended book - it has removable pages which must be kept confidential.
8. The District Health & Safety Officer or Sergeant at Arms will deliver a safety announcement at all Cabinet Meetings.
9. The District Health & Safety Officer will prepare a written Risk Assessment for the District Convention.
10. The District Health & Safety Officer will maintain the Accident Book on behalf of the Cabinet.
Lion Jarvis Macdonald - District Governor 2019-2020
Lion Tim Dixon - District Health & Safety Officer 2019-2020