The Environment is one of our five global causes.
So how can Lions help protect the environment?
- Can collection – there is at least one club in our District that collects aluminium cans (e.g. beer and coke cans) and exchanges them for cash. The club raises about £500 per year. If you would like more information contact Woolmer Forest Lions.
- Supply Wild Tribe Heroes books to your local primary schools. Not only will you be helping to teach children about the Environment you will be introducing your club to your schools which could be a help in establishing ROAR. The District is supplying one complete set of the books to each club and it is hoped you will purchase more for additional schools. These are available from email@example.com. The cost is £40 plus postage. Please state that you are Lions.
- Use recyclable cups and plates rather than plastic ones when holding events
- Car share when travelling to meetings
- Donate seed packets to schools so the children can learn about caring for plants (with the added bonus of harvesting food if the seeds are vegetables)
- Plant trees
- Arrange a Litter Pick or Beach Clean
Special Environment Days
Great British Beach Clean - Friday 16th to 25th September 2022 – if your club fancies a trip to the seaside then why not combine it with this event and help clean up our beaches? More information...
Great British Spring Clean - March
Aims to cut litter, end waste, improve public places and educate future generations. More information...
International Earth Day - Saturday 22nd April 2023
This is viewed as a time of environmental consciousness and awareness. More information...
World Environment Day - Monday 5th June 2023
This was established by the United Nations in 1973. It's aim is to bring increased awareness to worldwide environmental concerns, like climate change, deforestation, pollution of the world's oceans and unsustainable development that cold harm plant and animal species.
Please contact me if you have any other ideas of ways to help the environment and they will be added to this page to inspire other clubs.
Contact Officer: Judith Goodchild Email: firstname.lastname@example.org